If you’re in the United States, you might have noticed that you can’t use PayPal Personal Payments. We’re working hard to bring it back as quickly as possible so we can help you avoid unnecessary fees.
You cannot use PayPal Personal Payments in the United States.
You can use PayPal Personal Payments in other countries, even if you have a friend or family member who lives in the United States.
We’re working hard to bring it back as quickly as possible so we can help you avoid unnecessary fees.
The PayPal Personal Payments service will allow you to send money for free (if your recipient is in the US) or at a low cost if your recipient isn’t. However, this feature has been suspended in the United States due to regulatory issues until further notice.
Unfortunately, personal payments aren’t available anywhere else at this time; however, there are several other ways we make sending money easy and affordable:
What are the fees for PayPal Personal Payments? If you fund the transaction with your PayPal balance or bank account, there is no fee for sending or receiving money using a friend or family account.
If you fund with any other payment method, a 2.9% fee will be applied to the total amount of your transfer by PayPal as part of our standard rates for sending money: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/send-money-fees#transfer_fee.
How do I send money through PayPal without fees? The only way to send money without fees is to use your friends and family payment perk.
You can send money without fees using your friends and family payment perk. To use this feature, you’ll need to know the email addresses of the people you want to send money. Here’s how:
- Go to your PayPal account and select “Send Money.”
- Under “To,” type in the first recipient’s email address. Then, add more recipients by clicking “Add another” or typing in more emails separated by commas. You can also add a custom message before sending your money if you don’t want it automatically sent as soon as someone receives it.
- If you’re ready to send money without fees, click “Continue.” This will take you through additional steps where PayPal will verify each recipient’s identity using their social security number or driver’s license number.
- After that, review all the details associated with this transaction (like currency exchange rates) before hitting “Send Money Now” at last!
How do I send money through PayPal without fees internationally? The only way to send money internationally without fees is to use your friends and family payment perk.
If you’re looking to send money internationally without fees, the only way is through PayPal Friends and Family payment. If you’re sending it to a friend or family member in another country, don’t fret: They will not be charged any fees! The only downside is that this option is limited to people with whom you have a relationship.
If your recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account yet, they can sign up for free and receive their money quickly and easily—no matter where they live.
How do I send a personal payment through PayPal? To send a personal payment, you will need to have funds available in your PayPal balance or have a linked bank account that covers the full amount of the transfer.
To send a personal payment through PayPal:
- Press the “Send Money” button in the top right corner of your account.
- Select “Personal payments.”
- Choose to send money using your PayPal balance or a linked bank account. You will not be charged a fee if you use your own bank account.
Can I receive money on a personal payment on PayPal?
You can only receive money from friends and family members through their friends and family account.
Can I receive money on my debit card with a personal payment? You can only receive money from friends and family members through their friends and family account.
When you sign up for PayPal, you’ll be asked to create an account if you don’t already have one or log in to your existing account.
If you’ve already signed up for PayPal, then follow these steps:
- Sign into your account at paypal.com/webapps/mpp/payment-profiles (or click the “More Actions” button in the top right corner of any page)
- Click “Add new payment profile.”
- Select “Personal” as the type of profile and complete the rest of the fields
In the meantime, keep an eye out for more information about avoiding unnecessary fees when sending money domestically through PayPal.
If you have friends and family who live in the United States, a good option is to use your friends and family payment perk to send them a small amount of cash from time to time. You’ll be able to avoid any fees this way—and it’s easy! To do this, log into your PayPal account and follow these steps:
- Go to your profile page by clicking “Me” in the top right-hand corner of any Paypal website page.
- Click on “Pay Family & Friends.” On this page, enter the recipient’s name or email address under “Send money,” then choose whether you want to send them $5-$500 (or equivalent). Type your message if desired, then click Send Money Now at the bottom; once confirmed by both parties involved, we will complete the transfer immediately, so no further action is needed from either party except wait until payment arrives in the designated bank account within the next several minutes, depending on where the recipient lives around the world depends how much distance between sender’s location compared other party living anywhere else across globe continent earth globe planet earth solar system galaxy universe multiverse intergalactic universal galactic universal.
We’re sorry for the inconvenience, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on when PayPal Personal Payments will be available again. In the meantime, keep an eye out for more information about avoiding unnecessary fees when sending money domestically through PayPal.